Tim and I have done our homework in preparation for our trip, so hopefully we will be sure to gather all of our necessities this week before we leave next Tuesday. After talking with several people who have gone on a similar trip to Africa, we have been told to bring lots of reading material as there is a lot of down time. Luckily for me...I LOVE to read! I have already read two books this summer and I really enjoyed them. My first book of the summer was The Help by Kathryn Stockett. My mom recommended it and it was phenomenal! It takes place in Jackson, MS during the Civil Rights Movement and was very interesting. The other book I read was My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. Though this book seemed to be very depressing by reading the summary on the back, I actually enjoyed it. The theme was very interesting and made you really think. I'm shocked that they have made a movie from this book. I'm not sure I will go to the theatre to see it, but I will probably rent it one day.
So...this all leads me to ask you for any book suggestions you may have. I am a pretty quick reader so I'm going to need a lot of books for our trip to keep me busy. My favorite books are any books by Nicholas Sparks (I've read them all) and, like his books, those that take place in the south. Shifting gears completely from my typical reading preferences, I'm tempted to get into the Twilight books on my trip. I'm not really into tweeny, vampire-type books (or anything Science Fiction), but those who have read it have promised me that I would like it - we'll see.
Thank you for your book suggestions and happy reading!
So...this all leads me to ask you for any book suggestions you may have. I am a pretty quick reader so I'm going to need a lot of books for our trip to keep me busy. My favorite books are any books by Nicholas Sparks (I've read them all) and, like his books, those that take place in the south. Shifting gears completely from my typical reading preferences, I'm tempted to get into the Twilight books on my trip. I'm not really into tweeny, vampire-type books (or anything Science Fiction), but those who have read it have promised me that I would like it - we'll see.
Thank you for your book suggestions and happy reading!
1 comment:
You need to look into anything Ann Rivers Siddons. She writes about the southeast. Start with Peachtree Road.
Post a Comment