Yeah! Tim and I got to sleep in this morning. We were woken up at 6:00 and met up with our tour group at 7:00 after breakfast. We took a carriage today to Haroeris' Temple in Edfu. Haroeris (pronounced "Horace") is the falcon-headed god according to the ancient Egyptians. As soon as we got off of the boat, tons of Egyptians began to attack us (not in the literal sense, Mom) to buy their wares. They would not take no for an answer - relentless I say! One of the other people in our group said she now knows how celebrities must feel about the paparazzi - we all agreed. After Horus' Temple, we sailed to Kom Ombo. I sunbathed during our short sail.
Haroeris
Our next stop was the Temple of the Two Gods Sobek (the crocodile god of fertility) and Haroeris (falcon-headed god). The temple was split in half to honor both of these gods.
Where they kept the crocodiles
We then headed back to the Royal Lily for dinner as we sailed to Aswan, our last stop.
No comments:
Post a Comment