Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I am cooking it up a notch!

About a month or so back (really even further back than that) I was so frustrated with my cooking! If you know my husband, then you know he is a picky eater (ahem...selective eater) - meat and potatoes kind of guy - no onions, peppers, seasonings, etc. Cooking for him has always been a challenge. I always see tons of recipes in my cookbooks that I like, but when I read them to him, he vetoes them immediately due to the artichoke ingredient or the bell pepper ingredient or whatever it is that has him questioning. Advice from family and friends typically goes like this, "Just chop up (insert veggie of choice here) very fine where he won't notice." Yes, that has worked before, however, after dinner he asks if said veggie was included in the meal (and I can't lie).

So, like I said, about a month ago I sent out a blast e-mail to see who would be interested in a recipe club. A friend of mine that I used to teach with was in one and I thought it would be such a good idea. Well...what do you know - so did 11 other people and the "Cook It Up A Notch! Recipe Club" was formed. We met for the first time last night at my house, with our recipe theme being appetizers - get it? A taste of what's to come from the recipe club? Ha ha - I know, I know! We had a great time and I am thrilled to have more than several new choices to choose from for appetizers. They were all delicious!

No comments: