Although I have been horrible at taking pictures lately, I thought that I didn't need that to stop me on writing a post about our current happenings. Last week there were all kinds of rumors about snow coming and the meteorologists seemed extremely confident this time. I was sick that Friday and after going to the doctor to find out it was another severe sinus infection, I braved the grocery store. My thoughts were that I needed to go to the store anyway to get my prescriptions, so I might as well get some essentials before the mad rush on Saturday.
Essentials - hmmm...exactly what is that in a snow storm? I know you always hear about bread and milk, so I of course went ahead and got those items. I honestly drew a blank though - what do you eat if your power goes out? Fortunately, Tim told me to buy a bunch of meat and we could grill it if needed. I also bought lots of fruit and veggies that we could cook on the grill as well.
We were at the Galleria (don't ask) on Sunday when the snow...err, ice...started coming down - and it was coming down fast! Tim carefully got us back to the house and we hunkered down anxious to see what would happen - would it be like the Blizzard of '93? Would there be school the next day? Would it stick? We soon found out...around 9:30 or 10 that evening, we heard shouts of joy in the streets. They had announced that school would be closed (and would be closed the following day and a delayed start the next) and all of the neighborhood kids/adults were outside playing in the snow. It was so fun! The snow wasn't the fluffiest of snows, but it was snow!
The next morning we woke up and the snow had definitely frozen over and had become ice. Tim had several sleds from childhood in our garage and he and the neighborhood kids...err, parents...went sledding down the BIG hill in our neighborhood. There is some video footage, but I honestly don't know if I want to wait for the file to load to the blog (sorry). The local newspaper even came out and took some pictures for their paper - like I said, it is a BIG hill!
Our power never did go out, but I sure did cook a lot! It was funny - looking back on the ice 'storm' I feel like all I did was cook! Unfortunately, my plans for the National Championship fell through due to the bad roads. Therefore I had to watch the game with a Bammer! Tim wasn't too bad though and, honestly, nothing could spoil my mood - it was AUsome!!!! WAR EAGLE! I think it is really neat that there are back-to-back Heisman winners and National Championships from the state of Alabama. Congratulations, Auburn - it's GRRREAT to be an Auburn Tiger!
Tim III spent the weekend warm by the fire playing with all of his toys. He is growing up so fast! We are still not crawling, but I feel like it's coming any day now. This weekend will be spent baby-proofing the house. He leans on his hands and knees, rocking back and forth, somehow managing to push himself backwards. It's so fun watching him move from toy to toy! Fun (and I'm sure busy) times are ahead!
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment