Wow - nine months sure does go fast...I thought that nine months ago to the day and I'm still thinking it! We have been busy this month. Tim sits up SO straight. In fact, whenever someone sees him sitting up they comment on his posture. We could all probably take a lesson in Tim's posture!
Tim is not crawling just yet, but I would say that he is mobile to some degree. His 'swimming' technique actually scoots him around from toy to toy on his play blanket. He has been crawling backwards too, which is kind of funny because he'll back himself up against the wall and get 'stuck'. Just today he did crawl forward a VERY little bit. Tim was putting together one of his Christmas riding toys from Sugar and Pops and Tim just wanted to be right there helping his daddy!
We have been very fortunate that Tim is a good sleeper. We have started to put him down a little earlier now (anywhere between 7:30 and 8:30) and he wakes up anywhere between 6 and 6:30. Most week mornings, Tim has to wake him up to get the day started. We have really started to have to watch the monitor after we first put him to bed because he loves to roll over and get all turned around in his crib. We will be lowering the mattress very soon, as I think pulling up on things will be the next big milestone after crawling. He loves to lay on his stomach, but still prefers to sleep on his back in his typical position (arms up behind his head - the 'relaxed' position). I REALLY want a picture of this, but just don't know how to get one without waking him up. I mean, would YOU want someone taking a picture of you sleeping with a big flash going off in front of your face? Didn't think so.
And, drumroll please, Tim finally has a tooth! I thought he would never get one (not really...it just seemed to take forever)! He really did pretty well with it. In fact, I feel like he just had his gums and then the next day he had a teeny tooth popping through (and, wow, is it sharp)! He is cutting another tooth now and it's a bit of a different story. Yesterday morning he was so upset that he was borderline inconsolable. I gave him some Orajel and a cold teething ring, which made him feel a little bit better, but not much. It was really not his typical behavior. I had a very hard time leaving him yesterday morning because it just breaks my heart to see him so upset!
Tim says "Mamamamama" but I'm pretty sure he has no idea what it means. One day this month his teacher said that she said the word 'sock' as she was putting it on him. She said he replied back perfectly: 'sock'. We have yet to hear this word, but we keep saying it to him in hopes that he will repeat it for us! He also likes to say "bababababa". As mentioned above, he is quite the talker!
For breakfast Tim typically eats a fruit mixed with cereal. Lunch is a veggie and ocassionally a fruit for dessert (if he wants more), as is the same for dinner. At school he gets little snacks like the Gerber meltaways or a Nutrigrain Bar cut into teeny tiny pieces. He also gets little bites of real food for lunch at school - he's had baked ziti, beef stroganoff, hamburger steak, mashed potatoes, green beans, and green peas. Uncle Phil gave him a black bean when we went out to eat with them. Tim sat there and gummed and gummed until there was nothing left. He really liked it! Aunt Terri gave him some homemade teething rings for Christmas in a cute cookie jar. We've tried those, but he is definitely more interested in playing with them instead of chewing on them - we'll get there! During the weekdays, Tim has a 6-oz bottle in the mornings and 2 8-oz bottles at school. He'll come home and I'll feed him once at dinner. He has really already dropped his night time feeding, but I'll occasionally feed him right before bedtime to get him in the 'bedtime mode'. This really has dropped all together though in the past couple of weeks. On the weekends he rarely gets a bottle. I feed him 3-4 times a day (or 5 if we do the bedtime feeding). I feel like we should be giving him more liquids, but he doesn't seem to want more. I'll be asking the doctor about that when we go this afternoon. Speaking of liquids, Tim likes water! I'm having a hard time giving it to him in a sippy cup, but he loves 'drinking' it from a spoon. He also had a few tablespoons of apple juice, which he liked. The feeding component of child-rearing has been a challenge - we'll get it!
Lastly, if you're even still reading, Tim's stats. We went to the doctor and everything checked out well. We have definitely gone down in percentages and are not making the gains as we have in the past, however, we are growing! Tim weighs 18 lbs. 1 oz (20%). His length is 28 inches (60%) and his head circumference is 18 inches (20%). Grow, baby, grow!
Tim and I think that each month is getting better and better. It's so fun to see him observe his world and take it all in. His temperament is pretty easy going. When we went to our birthing class (a little over 9 months ago), the nurse leading the class went around the room and asked each couple what type of trait they 'wished' for their child (and you couldn't say a healthy baby because everyone wants a healthy baby). It was funny to hear others' responses: blue eyes (lots of these), happy, giggly, etc. Our response: EASY...and he has been just that. We love you, Tim!
No comments:
Post a Comment