Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Reality

Let's just say that I feel like I have been living in a fantasy world since Tim's arrival. Don't get me wrong - there certainly were some challenging times (midnight feedings, sleep deprivation, etc.), but it has mostly been total bliss. Being at home with him is just wonderful. Now that I have had this great time with him at home, it is now time for reality to sink in - I am not a stay-at-home mom. Lucky for me, though - I have a WONDERFUL job that I full-heartedly LOVE! Thankfully, it has made leaving my sweet boy everyday much easier


This last week marked my first week back to work and Tim's first week of daycare. Ms. Juanita and Ms. Kathy take care of him during the day and I can tell that they (almost) love Tim as much as his daddy and I do. They love and coo on him all day! I have total confidence in them and am so thankful that we were accepted into this program. It was a fairly last minute admission, but it just goes to show that God is in control and is always faithful!

The first day was hard, but not nearly as hard as I thought it would be. Tim and I dropped my car off at the school (it was my first day of school as well - without the students) and we rode together to drop off our little guy. We were the first ones there, which made it nice (no distractions). We unloaded all of Tim's belongings and then we came to the stark realization that I.FORGOT.HIS.BOTTLES!!!! Oh no - I thought I was going to have a waterfall of tears! Tim could sense this (and he knows me so well) and nonchalantly said he could go by the house and bring them by before he headed to the office (as if it was right on the way - I know it put him back a few minutes). It immediately put me back at ease. We said our good-byes to Tim and I covered him with kisses. He was all smiles!

As Tim and I walked to the car, I could feel myself beginning to tear up. My school is less than a five minute drive from the church (Tim's daycare), so I knew I had to get my act together. Those who are closest to me know that I can turn into a mean witch when I'm upset about something and try to keep it in (for example, I used to be awful to my mom when I would come home from college my freshmen year - I wouldn't want to leave so I was mean to her on Sundays to cope with it - sorry, Mom - thanks for being so understanding!). Well...I certainly was short with Tim on that short ride to work. I just couldn't get really upset before I walked in the building! Thankfully, Tim is just as understanding as my mom.

I was running a little late (surprise, surprise), so I didn't have to immediately talk to anyone when I got to school because the faculty meeting had already started (I hadn't missed much - they were in the middle of an 'ice breaker' activity). This was the perfect opportunity I needed to get my act together and the rest of the day was smooth. When I went to pick Tim up afterschool, he was all smiles and giggles. Ms. Kathy showed me what Tim had done that day - they had documented everything on a digital camera! He played in the swing and on the floor, he napped (a little), he ate (they realized quickly how much he LOVES to eat), and he went on an indoor walk in the stroller (Tim's favorite). There was only one other child in his class the whole day and they are not expecting the other four to come for a few more weeks (one has not even been born yet)! Needless to say, he is getting lots of attention!

Overall, his first week has been great! He even worked on his first art project! I'll have to take a picture of it - it is so sweet. They dipped his feet in paint and "walked" him across some paper. At the bottom it says, "The Lord will guide my steps." He truly will, Tim!

No comments: