Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Happy Four Months, Tim!

*Pictures to come soon - we have not downloaded the new pictures yet.

Wow! What an action-packed, fun month this has been! Tim has officially outgrown his 3-month clothing and is now sporting size 3 diapers - yes, size 3! I just can't get over how much he has grown. Though I know he is still a baby, reality has set in that he is no longer an infant (tear, tear)! Each stage continues to get better and better, but I am learning to cherish each one before the next. Currently, I am just in love with our bedtime routine. I love how he nuzzles into the crook of my neck before I put him down for the night. I often ask Tim questions like, "Do you think he knows us as parents?" and "Do you think he knows how much we love him?" Tim's reply, always being the realist, is always no, but I think so...especially during those quiet bedtime moments.

Tim got the usual round of vaccinations at the doctor and handled them fairly well. There were definitely some alligator tears, but we were able to calm him down fairly easy, thank goodness! Tim weighed 15 lbs 15.5 oz (65%) - I thought it was funny that they didn't just round up to 16 lbs. He is 26 in long (50%) with a head circumference of 16 in (35%). We got the ok for cereal and to ease into fruits then vegetables once he masters the skill. Lots of fun ahead in the Hennessy household!

Aside from all of the growing, we have also had a lot going on, with some changes as well. I went back to work this month while Tim started school himself! He has adjusted perfectly, as I knew he would, being such a go-with-the-flow kind of baby. I can say that I have adjusted pretty well myself! It makes all the difference in the world when you know your child is being taken care of by the sweetest ladies who love and adore your child.

Tim did scream for the first time during a cry. It totally shocked Tim and me. We are thinking he must have learned that from daycare (only kidding here - we haven't heard very many cries when we've been there). Luckily, he has only done that once and I'm thinking he was just really aggitated at the time. Needless to say, his daddy and I are thankful for that.

Tim has also been quite the talker. Miriam could probably give me a whole diagnostic on the sounds he is using so far. He is loving those vowel sounds, but has moved onto those consonants. He pretty much babbles all of the time. Tim and I can't help but laugh when he cries because he says, "gee, gee" over and over again. Tim can do a great impersonation of this. I am really working on the /m/ sound, but I know /d/ develops first - oh well! I just can't wait to hear his first word - I don't really care what it is!

Tim is holding his head up and really wants to sit up on his own, but just isn't quite there yet. He really doesn't want to be a 'baby' anymore - I can't even remember the last time he allowed someone to hold him like a baby. He wants to stand, stand, stand! Tim is also grasping objects and studying faces. It's neat to see him trying to grab at things - currently my face (I'm thinking the dangly earring and necklaces will have to go pretty soon). He is just so curious!


Tim was also baptized this month (see previous post). It was such a beautiful day. Father Richard did an outstanding homily (as usual) and brought me to tears.

Here's to the 5th month and all the excitement it will bring! Tim and I are so happy with this little bundle of a blessing!

No comments: