Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

What A Day!

Well, well, well. As I reflect on the day's activities, I am overwhelmed with emotions. Tim was baptized at the 11:00 mass on Sunday and it was just beautiful. We had in town and out of town family here to celebrate this joyous occasion. As we stood at the baptismal font, surrounded by all of them (literally - they all made a large circle around us and the font), I could feel their love for our little boy. Tim and I often reflect back to our rehearsal dinner and are always moved by the feelings we had that evening. That is a time when a couple is in a room full of those who love and support them. Tim and I were sure to pause to look around at all of our family and friends on that evening and Sunday was no different! Smiling faces were everywhere!


Tim did fairly well through the mass. He was a little fussy as we first walked down the aisle to the front row, but calmed down after a few minutes (it felt like a few years though). He did great during the baptism. Not a single peep - just very observant. I thought for sure we would have gotten some kind of reaction from him when Father Richard doused him with holy water, but not so much - he was taking it all in! When he introduced Tim to the church community and everyone clapped, Par promptly said, "Jack's (Par's baby brother's) turn!" Hilarious! Tim did great walking back down the aisle to our seat, but got fussy again once we were all situated. Daddy definitely had the magic touch during mass and was able to quiet him.

One of my favorite pictures of Father Richard and Tim - I can just see the love on his face as he welcomes Tim into the church.

Father Richard presenting Tim to the congregation

Tim with his Godparents, Cousin-Aunt Liz and Uncle Sandner

After the amazing mass by Father Richard, we headed to Sugar and Pops' house for a lovely brunch. We feasted on quiche, blackbean salad, beef tenderloin, potato casserole, and fruit salad (I hope I remembered it all - it was phenomenal). The cake was an Olexa's specialty with a ribbon of fresh raspberries - yum! Sugar and Pops' outdid themselves and we are so thankful for them!


Tim was a little party man - he did not take a nap the entire day and was extremely pleasant the entire time of the luncheon (he's not much of a napper anyway). Thank you to all who came to celebrate this special time in Tim's life. Our cup overfloweth!

Tim sitting on Mama Carol's lap and playing with his sterling barbell rattle (thank you to the Phillips' - he LOVES this)

Tim with his grands (though he is definitely more interested in his yummy fingers instead of these beautiful ladies)

This picture just makes me laugh!

No comments: