What a fun-filled Fourth of July! I'm sad to say that I failed in taking pictures for the weekend. I even brought our camera and did not pull it out once! I'm very disappointed in myself...oh well - there is always next year!
Tim and I were late getting to the lake, but we made it just in time for a sunset cruise with the rest of the family. The weather was perfect - in fact it was even a bit chilly!
On Saturday I had a relaxing day of laying out on the dock. It really just doesn't get better than that! We went out for a late afternoon boat ride before Tim and I headed to mass at the Church in the Pines. Afterwards we went back to the house to celebrate Michael's 22nd birthday! The Sandner bunch came over and a good time was had by all. Then it was time for my favorite - fireworks! We had the best seat at the lake (in my opinion) and that was in the boat close to the fireworks overhead, yet far enough from the mass of boats. We were in and out in no time flat!
Overall it was a great weekend! Tim and I woke up early Sunday morning so we could get back in time for the men's final round at Wimbledon. We truly had "Breakfast at Wimbledon" since I cooked a big breakfast of bacon, eggs, and biscuits. Even John joined us!
I hope you and your family had a fantastic Fourth of July. I am incredibly thankful for the men and women who fought to make our country a free country - what revolutionaries! I am even more appreciative of the men and women who currently fight for our country, as well as their families who remain behind. May they always be in our thoughts and prayers, as well as the leaders in our country who make the tough decisions regarding every Americans' safety.
Happy Fourth of July!
Tim and I were late getting to the lake, but we made it just in time for a sunset cruise with the rest of the family. The weather was perfect - in fact it was even a bit chilly!
On Saturday I had a relaxing day of laying out on the dock. It really just doesn't get better than that! We went out for a late afternoon boat ride before Tim and I headed to mass at the Church in the Pines. Afterwards we went back to the house to celebrate Michael's 22nd birthday! The Sandner bunch came over and a good time was had by all. Then it was time for my favorite - fireworks! We had the best seat at the lake (in my opinion) and that was in the boat close to the fireworks overhead, yet far enough from the mass of boats. We were in and out in no time flat!
Overall it was a great weekend! Tim and I woke up early Sunday morning so we could get back in time for the men's final round at Wimbledon. We truly had "Breakfast at Wimbledon" since I cooked a big breakfast of bacon, eggs, and biscuits. Even John joined us!
I hope you and your family had a fantastic Fourth of July. I am incredibly thankful for the men and women who fought to make our country a free country - what revolutionaries! I am even more appreciative of the men and women who currently fight for our country, as well as their families who remain behind. May they always be in our thoughts and prayers, as well as the leaders in our country who make the tough decisions regarding every Americans' safety.
Happy Fourth of July!
No comments:
Post a Comment