Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy Eight Months!

Eight months...really?! What a fun month it has been with the Christmas season! Tim LOVES all of the lights and is mesmerized by the Christmas tree. He cranes his neck to find it in the room. Tim has also started to reach for us. If Daddy is holding him, he reaches for Mommy. If Mommy is holding him, he reaches for Daddy. It hasn't quite become a game yet, but I have a feeling it could be! He is definitely blending more of his sounds together. He currently likes the /b/ sound. Tim has been sitting up for a while, but I haven't quite documented it because he wasn't 100% independent. I can say he can now sit up on his own and I. LOVE. IT! I'm afraid the crawling will start sooner than later - he scoots backwards, but isn't quite up on all fours - still on his belly, but does sit up on his arms - close! Thank goodness Santa stuck some childproof items in our stockings this year!

Unfortunately, the month was not full of all pleasantries. Tim experienced his first of many stomach bugs. Luckily, it came and went and didn't appear to be as bad as I would have imagined (not that I'm wishing another one to visit our home any time soon).

We go for our 9-month check up next month - I'm anxious to get all of his stats. I have no idea how much he weighs. Tim seems to think he is about 22 lbs - I don't know...seems kind of high to me. He has thinned out a bit too. I have had quite a difficult time with this whole introduction to baby food. We've been doing it a while now, but I have no idea how much to give him. Fortunately, I think we are back on the right track (thanks to good [experienced] friends). Tim is up to three meals a day - a fruit with cereal in the morning (typically a jar, but the other morning he had 1 jar and 3/4 of another - oink, oink), a veggie in the afternoon (typically a jar), and a veggie and fruit for dinner (we add the fruit if he eats his veggies). He most recently tried green beans. He loves carrots - we tried those this month too.

Still no sign of teeth. His gums look swollen, but still no sign. A friend told me that the longer it takes their teeth to come in, the healthier their teeth will be. If this is true, we should have very healthy teeth!

No comments: