Tim has learned many new things in this third month of his life. He is batting at objects hanging in front of him and even managed to pull the frog on his bouncy seat (it plays music). This startled him to tears initially, but when he pulled it two additional times, he just had a surprised look on his face.
Tim being introduced to his exersaucer - he loves it!
Tim also rolled over from his stomach for the first time. His legs are getting awfully strong - I'm thinking it's time to get his door jump-y thing out - I think he will really enjoy it!
Tim has been laughing since last month, but I didn't really consider it a true laugh because it was more like a coo. Now, I can say he is chuckling. It is really cute to see him so excited.
A typical day for Tim is sleeping 6-7 hours straight and then waking up for a feeding. He immediately falls back to sleep and sleeps for an additional 2-3 hours. During this time, I am getting ready for the day, picking up the house, or planning the errands for the day. When Tim wakes up, I get him ready for the day and feed him. We play for a little and eat some more. Then Daddy comes home for lunch and Tim gets to play with him while I get some more things done around the house. After lunch, we typically run errands (or head up to the school to get things ready for this school year) and Tim takes his nap while we are on the go. He usually naps 2-3 hours in the afternoon. After his nap, we do a little more playing and wait for Daddy to get home. When he does, they play together while I get dinner together (or go to pick something up). Around 8:30, we begin the bedtime process - a bath followed by a bottle and our prayers. Then we wake up and do it all over again!
I like to have a schedule and we are finally at that point. It is definitely flexible and I am beyond blessed to have a 'go-with-the-flow' baby - he is very flexible and does not mind if the schedule should change. That is a good thing because we start daycare on August 9th! I'm anxious for him to start, but I know it will give him great experiences interacting with other children his age, as well as exposing him to other adults (hopefully helping to prevent him from separation anxiety).
I cannot believe this summer is over and Tim is 3 months old! I have cherished these days with him and feel so incredibly blessed with the time we have spent together.
No comments:
Post a Comment