Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Silver Lining

I love to read other people's blogs. In fact, I do so much of it that I decided to give up reading other people's blogs for Lent. Can I just tell you how much I feel out of the loop on things? Oh well...I'll have lots to catch up on after Easter!

A common theme that I have found on other people's blogs is trying to stay 'real' in the blogging world without portraying life as 'perfect'. I certainly don't want to give people the impression that things are 'perfect' with my life, but I do choose to focus on the positive. However, things are not always as easy going - for example, the past few months have been difficult due to finding out that my mom has breast cancer. I do not want to focus on this on our blog, but I do think it's important for me to get it out there as it is something very prevalent in our lives right now. We have been overwhelmed by the outpouring of love we have received from our friends during this time and are so thankful for each and every one of them. I have faith that the Lord is with us every step of the way and He will only make us stronger as we face this trial. It is such a comfort to know that nothing is unknown to Him!

With all of that being said, I probably won't mention much of this on the blog, but do ask that you pray for my mom. Tim and I are so thankful that God has chosen this time for us to have a baby. This sweet baby is certainly the silver lining for my entire family during this whole situation. It is a blessing to be able to focus on him and what the future holds for this little guy.

So, yes - there are certainly trials in my life, as I know there are in your's. The Lord will bring us through them and we will see His wondrous deeds through it all!

No comments: