Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Latest Happenings

Tomorrow is a big day for Tim and me - we have our BIG ultrasound! I will be 19 weeks tomorrow so they will go ahead and do the 20-week ultrasound to check on the baby's overall health, etc. We will also be able to find out if Baby Hennessy is a boy or a girl! Our plan is to ask the technician to put it in an envelope for us to open on Christmas morning. Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE surprises. However, I only love these surprises if I'm going to find out the surprise immediately - the suspense just kills me! Tim, on the other hand, can hear about a surprise, but then manages to file it away and wait patiently. I've already tried (countless times) to get him to agree for us to find out at the doctor's appointment, but he wants to wait until Christmas. I mean, it is only two days, right? Argh! The suspense is going to kill me! I feel like Christmas Eve will be just as suspenseful as it was when I was a child - Tim loves this by the way.

I have been really hesitant to predict what we are having. Tim and I honestly do not care - we hope to have a big family one day - so we are perfectly content with a boy or girl. It sounds so cliche, but it is the absolute truth. Tim and I both have opposite predictions, though, so it's kind of fun. Tim really predicts boy, but is saying girl because he thinks it's a boy. I am predicting girl, but am saying boy because I think it's a girl. The majority of people around me (at school, the grocery store, the post office, etc.) say boy - this includes the votes my class made before the winter break. I promise to post pictures of a side shot, as this has been requested, but I am carrying pretty high. However, you have to keep in mind how short I am - there is hardly any space between the bottom of my ribs and the top of my hips, which gives baby limited amound of space to grow (which I am also hoping is the reason that I am, pardon me, the baby is growing so fast). The heartrate of the baby has been relatively high, though the technician says you cannot go by this. I guess time will tell!

Needless to say, this Christmas will be a memorable one for us!

No comments: