Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Happy Ten Months, Tim!



Is Tim really ten months old?! April 30th is going to be here before I know it. In fact, I'm already starting to get some ideas together for his 1st birthday party - I'm so excited!



I feel like this month is, by far, the month that Tim has made the most progress in development. He is finally crawling! He is also very proud of himself as he crawls and the look of pride on his face is priceless!




Tim is also lifting himself up to his knees and is very close to lifting himself up all of the way. When he accomplishes this great feat, he also gives a BIG proud smile as if he's saying, "Wow! Look at what I just did! Did you see me?!" His crib has officially been lowered now and it sure is strange getting used to!



Tim is making lots of sounds and is pretty vocal. When we watch American Idol, Tim 'sings' - it's hilarious. Maybe we'll have our own American Idol - will Birmingham produce another Rubin Studdard?!



Tim and I have been very spoiled in that Tim has always been a great sleeper. Tim's teething has really shown us how spoiled we have been - those 2:30 crying fits are hard! At the very end of January, Tim got his first tooth (lower right). Now, he has his upper right incisor, upper left incisor (though it is not in completely yet [yes, this means he has 'fangs'], and he just cut his lower left tooth today. I guess it's only appropriate that Tim get so many teeth this month. Afterall, it is Dental Health month!



With new teeth comes new food! Tim still LOVES to eat! You can skip over this part if it's too long and boring (Erin), but I want to be sure I remember everything. For breakfast, Tim has a fruit (fresh or baby food) mixed with cereal (sometimes - mainly at school). For lunch and dinner, he eats table food and baby food. As far as table food goes, he likes cheese, mac 'n cheese, noodles, cheese ravioli, turkey, chicken, green beans, potatoes, carrots, Cheerios, those Gerber puffs, and Nutri-Grain Bars. I feel like he isn't a picky eater like his Dad, thank goodness (let's just hope he stays adventurous in that department)! If you have any ideas on different meals for Tim, please share! As far as milk goes, Tim gets a 6-oz bottle in the morning and has cut back his intake at school - usually only 1 (rarely 2) 8-oz bottles. Then he has one feeding in the evenings (rarely 2). On the weekends, he only eats 3 times.



It has been so fun to see the little boy sailing towards the "One" Island at the top of my blog. I can remember thinknig when he was on the far left side that he was never going to get to the other side. It is surreal to me that he is almost there!

No comments: