Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Birthday Fun

Yesterday was my birthday and I have to say that I had a pretty good day! The festivities were kicked off the day before with a birthday dinner with some dear friends at one of our favorites - Botega (or Bodega...I always get confused with our favorite watering hole from college). I stepped out of my comfort zone and ordered something different and LOVED it - if you have not had the Nicoise Salad there, then you should...DE.LISH!



Then I had two special lunch dates surprise me at school on my birthday - my Tims! It was the first time Tim III had visited the school during the school day and the kids loved seeing him. The children even asked if they could sing to him (I know, you can say it out loud if you haven't yet: "Awwww"). Sidenote: We took a field trip on Valentine's Day to a local retirement home and sang Valentine's songs to them. One of the songs was "Skinnamarinky Dinky Dink", which I had told my students that it was Tim III's favorite song. Needless to say, they really wanted to sing it for Tim.


Last night, we had some family over to help celebrate. Tim and Sugar planned the entire thing and Sugar was sweet enough to come over early to help cook appetizers and set up the house. Tim and I even got to go and see a movie after the party. Tim III hung out with his Sugar and Pops, although I should probably say he just slept with them. The poor thing was exhausted from the day's activities (he did not have an afternoon nap...unless you count the 20-minute snoozer he had right before the party).

Thank you to everyone who helped make my day so special. It was a memorable one!

No comments: