A friend of mine made a list of everything she was thankful for and I loved it. I had already started a Thanksgiving post reflecting on the year, but it was pretty 'heavy' so I deleted it. I thought a list would kind of sum everything up, yet enable me to list the 'lighter' things too! Happy Thanksgiving - may it be filled with food, family, friends, and fun!
-My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ
-Tim - I paused for a long time to name specifics of him and thought, 'I don't have to name specifics...there are just too many'. He is so good to me!
-Tim III - what a joy this blessing brings me - his smile lights up my life!
-My mom and my aunt - they are inspirations
-Trey and Erin - the siblings I never had
-Tim's family
-good friends and good times
-ice cream
-sitting by a fire with the glow of Christmas lights in the room
-video monitors
-long car rides in beautiful weather
-My Auburn Tigers: WAR EAGLE!
-beautiful sunsets (especially the one over Bryant-Denney Stadium during Iron Bowl 2010)
-our home
-walks on a pretty day
-my job: the precious children I interact with everyday, as well as the awesome teachers I work with - they amaze me
-sleeping in
-Days in Berta Dunn
-My freshmen year living in Glenn Hall WITHOUT air conditioning (I think I just like that I'll be able to tell my kids that 'back in the day' I lived in a dorm that didn't have air conditioning - ha!)
-the changing of leaves
-a snowy scene
-Tim's love to travel and the experiences we've shared on our vacations
-Gingerale on an airplane
-my health, as well as my family's
-the smell and sound of the ocean
-laughter (and currently Tim III's giggles)
-DVR
-my love of reading
-Meeting Tim my freshmen year (I may need to dedicate a post to that one)
-difficult times and getting through them
-White Chocolate Mocha Cappuccinos from Starbucks
-sweet tea
-Moroccan oil
-www.dictionary.com
-customer service (I took this from another blog - it is so true...nothing puts me in a better mood then stellar customer service)
-Our service men and women - those who have served, those who are serving, those who made the ultimate sacrifice, and all of their families
-waking up to the smell of bacon and the sound of the waffle iron going off
-snuggle time with Tim III
-laughing until you cry
-antiques and Lynne for introducing me to them (and teaching me much along the way)
-family around a dining room table
-mass and the beauty of it
-Dance Party
-Recipe Club
-PCs from The Varsity (honestly haven't had one in a while, but we were talking about it the other day)
-traditions
-our camera and it's lens
-finding a good bargain
-getting good snail mail - a card, a package, an invitation
-modern day conveniences (when you teach about the pilgrims coming to America you appreciate this SO much more - we have it SO easy)
-eating out
-memories of my grandparents
-hydrangeas and peonies
-stationery - notecards, notepads, calling cards, foldover notes...you name it, I love it
-a good pen (it was not uncommon for me to use my Tiger Card and spend $30 on pens in Haley Center)
-the sound of children singing together
-scented candles (especially Japanese Quince)
-College Gameday's opening song
-the Internet
-riding in the car by yourself with all of the windows down singing at the top of your lungs...probably to Gloria Gaynor (ha!)
-Christmas Eve dinner - Alaskan King Crablegs!
-YOU for reading all of this!
I know there is so much more, so consider this my short list.
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment