Six months - wow! I can remember thinking to myself, "Are we ever going to get to 6 months?" Not that I didn't loved those early months (I loved all that snuggle time and I can already see it quickly fading - he no longer likes to be held like a "baby"), but I just LOVE the interaction and independence he has! He LOVES his toys - the exersaucer, his door jumper, and he is even loving his playmat more than before. He has become quite inquisitive and wrinkles his brow in deep thought when he discovers something new...he looks like a clone of his daddy when he does that too!
Tim has discovered his tongue and loves to stick it out and twirl it around. He also attempts to mimic what you do with your tongue - hilarious! Tim has also gotten quite physical - he likes to grab at your face and hold it (so sweet), sometimes squeezes or pinches it (not so sweet), and likes to pull my hair (I think my dangly earrings will have to collect some dust for a while). He also copies some sounds we make to him - he is quite social (another post to come on that one).
Tim has been sitting in the 'tripod' pose this month too. Of course, his head gets the better of him and, after a few moments, starts to move forward. We are SO CLOSE to sitting up. Tim is also quite the swimmer. Calm down Nana - no, we are not putting him in the pool. When we put him on his stomach, he holds up his head and moves his arms and legs like crazy! It really does look like he is swimming!
This month Tim tried pears, peaches, and his special half-birthday treat was bananas. He liked his birthday treat so much that he cried when they were all gone! We give him a fruit mixed with rice cereal once a day in the evening.
No teeth yet, but I feel like they will be here very soon - lots of drooling and gumming going on in our house!
No comments:
Post a Comment