Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Latest Happenings

So I think this is my first official post of the new year. Wow - it is going by so fast (yes, I know it's only January, but things have been busy around here)! It was difficult adjusting back to school, but was a pretty smooth transition with a snow day the first week back. Seriously?! What is it with the south and 'snow'? We had a half day for fear of snow/ice and, though the snow was beautiful, it was not sticking or anything! Oh well...I totally understand and respect the 'better-safe-than-sorry' plan, but then to delay school the next day?! Once again, not really complaining - both of our 'snow' days were considered full school days, and we will not have to make them up at the end of the year. I really think that the delayed day was because of the BCS Nat'l Championship game...whatever (that's about all you'll hear me say about that)!

Enough negativity - there are too many positive things to make me dwell on that! For one thing, I have gotten started on the nursery! Tim's mom has been sweet to go with me to several fabric places and we finally have what we're doing in mind. Most of the fabric has been purchased - yeah! I'm sure the construction of the bedding/curtains will begin in a couple of weeks (we're just waiting for the bumper pad fabric to come in - plus we have plenty of time). I also purchased a rug for the nursery that I am in LOVE with! It must have been my lucky day because I also found a rug for the living room and master bedroom - I can't wait for those to come in as well!

Also, we have ordered the crib and the glider - they should be in by mid-February (maybe for my birthday?) or March, which is fine with me! We had a little scare with the crib. To make a long story short (ha! I really will...), it was going to take the crib about 15-18 weeks to ship (that would have put me at about 37 weeks - way too close for comfort)! Fortunately, a local baby boutique had one already shipping their way and we grabbed that as quickly as we could - whew! That was a close one!

On another note, Baby Jack was baptized earlier this month! Tim and I were honored when Liz and Rusty asked us to be his godparents - we are looking forward to sharing God's love with him as he grows up. I wish I had pictures on the computer, but I do not. Jack gave us a beautiful frame of the three of us on his big day, but I don't know if I'll get around to scanning it and posting it. (Liz...maybe if you're reading you could e-mail me a pic?...just thought I would ask). He is precious and looks just like his big brother, Par! Baby Hennessy will have lots of fun with his 'cousins' - they are the only other little boys in the family so they are sure to have some good times ahead!

Baby Hennessy?! Yes...we know that he is a boy and, yes, we do have a name. We are just still a little indecisive of what we want to call him. I feel like we need to come up with something soon, but Tim is insisting that we wait until we meet him in person. Time will tell! No decisions yet though! One thing is certain though, he does have a name and is named after his dad and grandfather - the legacy continues!

I guess this is about it for now. My mom is coming for a visit sometime in February and I am counting down the days. I miss her so much and can't wait for her to get here!

Until next time...

*Random funny story at school today - the kids were lining up at the door and we usually have just random conversation before they leave for the day. Today's conversation resulted in me finding out that they have no clue who Mr. T is! When I asked them if they knew who he was, they said, "Mr. Tim?" - that's what they call Tim. I got the biggest kick out of that! Mr. T/Tim? Hmmm...I don't think so! I have to do it: "I pity the fool!"

No comments: